The Hamlin County Sheriff's Office is continuing their investigation into an incident at the Elevator in Hazel, SD that took the life of a 50 year-old man.
Sheriff Chad Schlotterbeck says at 10:50am, Friday morning, emergency responders were dispatched to the Elevator for a male who had fell about 50 feet.
The man was working, who was working for a construction company, was working on a grain bin when his equipment failed, causing him to fall. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Hamlin County Sheriff's Office, Hamlin County Coroner's Office, Lake Norden Ambulance and Hazel Fire Department were on scene.
The name of the 50 year old man will not be released pending notification of family members.
- Plane crashes in rural Georgia; 2 children among the 5 dead
- Sheriff: Five killed in small plane crash in Georgia, including four family members who were traveling to a funeral
- Buffalo officers suspended in shoving of 75-year-old man
- Police arrest man accused of assaulting people posting signs
- Police union calls LA mayor 'unstable,' faults budget cuts
- The Latest: Minneapolis and St. Paul no longer under curfew
- N.C. court: Death-row inmates can use repealed bias law
- Seattle mayor bans 1 type of tear gas amid protests
- South Dakota DCI Investigating Officer Involved Shooting in Day County
- Mayor Says Planned "Peaceful Protest" Possible on Friday, Rumors Circulating On Social Media
- Authorities Investigating Child Abuse Death of 2 Year-Old Castlewood Girl, Arrest Made in Case
- Watertown Couple Goes To Minneapolis to Help in Recovery Efforts
- Deuel County Motorcycle Crash Injures Two
- Officials Provide Update on Jack Links Plant in Alpena, SD
- Incumbents Do Well In Both Local And State Races
- Two Dead in Grand Forks Air Force Base Shooting
- Sioux Falls Demonstration Turns Violent, Noem Activates National Guard To Assist Police
- Codington County Up Two COVID Cases over the Weekend, No New Deaths Reported on Sunday.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!