A tornado north of Miller Sunday night has killed a 73 year-old man. The man, identified as Paul D. Nelson of Gettysburg, SD, was driving a 2014 Foretravel Phenix R-V south on South Dakota Highway 45 around 6:15 pm when a tornado blew the vehicle off the highway. The tornado touched down on the east side of Highway 45 and moved west, sideswiping the R-V which was also pulling an enclosed car trailer with a Mini Cooper inside. The trailer flipped in the west ditch destroying the trailer and tossing the car off it. The R-V came to rest on its roof some 150 to 200 yards west of the highway in a nearby corn field. The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. The National Weather Service has released a preliminary report on the tornado saying it was an EF-2 with peak winds speeds of 120 mph.
- Poll: Virginia voters say virus, not economy, most important
- The Latest: El Paso under curfew, sees hospitals overwhelmed
- Worries over the virus' resurgence weigh on global stocks
- 'Babish' expands as pandemic boosts YouTube cooking shows
- Zeta likely hurricane before hitting Yucatan, heading for US
- Belgium faces pivotal week as virus weighs on hospitals
- Taika Waititi is to executive produce Frybread Face and Me
- Ciaran Hinds stole wands from Harry Potter set
- Watertown Police Arrest Six After Report of Illegal Drug Activity
- Police Asking For Assistance in Locating Catalytic Convertor Thieves
- Highway Patrol Investigating Two Fatal Crashes on Saturday
- Two Former Watertown Police Officers to Graduate from South Dakota Highway Patrol's "Fast Track" Academy
- South Dakota Man Charged with Over Two Dozen Counts of Animal Cruelty
- Mayor Caron Says Wearing a Face Mask is a Humanitarian Issue, Not a Political One
- Rapid City Woman Ordered to Repay $886,277.00 After Being Convicted of Wire Fraud and Tax Evasion
- South Dakota Adds 1,185 New COVID Cases on Friday, October 23, 2020 - Nine New Deaths Reported
- Mitchell Man Identified as Driver Killed in Crash near Ethan, SD
- Three Recognized with Lifesaving Commendations by SD Game, Fish and Parks - Search and Rescue also Recognized for their Partnership
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!