Clark, SD -- A Clark South Dakota family managed to escape a fire that destroyed their rental home Saturday morning at around 8:50 a.m. Clark Police Chief Jeremy Wellnitz tells KXLG News that the mobile home fire began in the kitchen area when grease from a pan on the stove encountered a gas flame and ignited the surrounding walls and structure. Living in the home were Taryn and Akwa Ambali and their three children ages one to five. All five escaped the home unhurt. Wellnitz said the blaze was so intense that the family had exit the home at 303 5th Avenue Southeast with no shoes. The Interlakes Community Action Program is assisting the family with clothing. The Ambalis are currently living with family in Clark. The had no rental insurance and all of their belongings were lost in the blaze.
- Nations agree upon a set of rules to govern Paris climate accord after 2 weeks of UN climate talks
- Brazil's gay couples exchange vows in collective ceremony
- The Latest: French police detain 115 people in Paris protest
- Thousands brave snow to rally against Serbian leader Vucic
- O'Rourke, other Dems don't want tent city's contract renewed
- Trucker saves dogs thrown from vehicle on New York highway
- New figures show fewer Mormons in Utah's biggest county
- South Dakota researcher working on fire-risk estimation tool
- Multiple Arrests Made In Watertown On Drug And Alcohol Charges Saturday
- Watertown Man Escapes Serious Injury In Early Morning Car-Train Accident
- Shopko Pharmacy Closing Monday
- Wave of nursing home closures hitting small South Dakota communities
- You Might Call It The Lake Kampeska Wish List
- California Pacific Airlines Returning To Normal Flight Schedules At Watertown
- FOP Cops And Kids Event Benefits 100 Children
- Spartan Corporation To Be Aquired By Cerberus
- Shopko Closing 39 Stores Including Four In South Dakota
- It's Tom Beaudry Day In Waterown!
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!