clark fire

Clark, SD --  A Clark South Dakota family managed to escape a fire that destroyed their rental home Saturday morning at around 8:50 a.m. Clark Police Chief Jeremy Wellnitz tells KXLG News that the mobile home fire began in the kitchen area when grease from a pan on the stove encountered a gas flame and ignited the surrounding walls and structure. Living in the home were Taryn and Akwa Ambali and their three children ages one to five. All five escaped the home unhurt. Wellnitz said the blaze was so intense that the family had exit the home at 303 5th Avenue Southeast with no shoes. The Interlakes Community Action Program is assisting the family with clothing. The Ambalis are currently living with family in Clark. The had no rental insurance and all of their belongings were lost in the blaze.