Watertown, SD -- KXLG News tallied up the COVID-19 numbers today for this area and the numbers show an increase in cases as reported by the South Dakota Department of Health. Once weekly the numbers are released by the Department and this week there’s good and bad news. Here in South Dakota 239 new cases were reported this past week with a total of 434 active at the present time. Locally a total of 82 deaths have been reported in Codington County overall with the county currently showing a 7 percent positive rate. Codington County has been labeled as a minimal community spread area. Deuel County has moderate spread at 13.6 percent with 12 active cases and 9 deaths overall. 525 individuals have now recovered from the virus in Deuel County with 35 individuals ever hospitalized. Hamlin County is reporting zero community spread this week and no active cases. 803 cases have been reported in Hamlin County with 764 recoveries. Grant County also reported no community spread this week with no active cases. Clark County is reporting one active case with 5 total deaths and 460 individuals who have recovered. Day County is reporting minimal community spread with 718 total cases and one still active. 687 individuals have recovered in Day County and 30 deaths have been reported since the data first became available. Codington County currently ranks fifth in the state for individuals testing positive for the virus at 4,670 while the highest is Minnehaha County with 31,931. The Delta variant strain is showing up in South Dakota but isn’t representing the majority of new cases yet. Researchers says the Delta strain is about 50 percent more transmissible than the Alpha variant which means the average patient could infect fifty percent more contacts.
- Poll finds nearly 80% of Palestinians want Abbas to resign
- Ex-probation officer convicted in real estate agent killing
- Carmaker Stellantis loses former FCA CEO Manley
- European court: Russia responsible for Litvinenko killing
- Magnitude 6.4 quake sways buildings in coastal Chile
- After Afghans fell from plane, families live with horror
- Police: Woman wanted after report of puppy thrown into ocean
- 'The world must wake up': Tasks daunting as UN meeting opens
- South Dakota Broadcast Legend and Watertown Leader passes.
- Beadle Family Sentenced in Fraud Case.
- Milbank Fire Fighters spend several hours at blaze at Gesswein Motors
- KXLG radio is Sold to Local Group
- Fatal Crash Occurs South of Milbank.
- Texas Man gets 100 Years for raping 5 year old Watertown child.
- Enercept celebrates 40 Years.
- Watertown Continues to Grow.
- Pheasant numbers look Good this year.
- Bramble Park Zoo Dedicates New Animal Care Building
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!