Today, the South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) announced the state Board of Water and Natural Resources has approved more than $8.7 million for drinking water, recycling, and solid waste projects.
The $8,780,900 total includes $633,900 in grants and $8,147,000 in low-interest loans with $160,000 in principal forgiveness.
The grants and loans awarded by the board are administered through the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).
Loans were awarded to:
- Minnehaha Community Water Corporation, $7,510,000 for water tower construction and drinking water system improvements
Loans with principal forgiveness were awarded to:
- Edgemont, $637,000 loan, with $160,000 in principal forgiveness, for drinking water system improvements
Grants were awarded to:
- Brown County, $260,000 for landfill improvements
- Huron, $49,900 for new recycling equipment
- Mitchell, $324,000 for landfill improvements
The grants and loans were awarded from DENR’s Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Program and Solid Waste Management Program.