Codington County added 13 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday bringing the total case count to 570. Of those 570 cases, 386 have recovered leaving 182 active cases. 26 people have been hospitalized since the pandemic began in Codington County.
The South Dakota Department of Health said on Sunday that the death toll increased to 184 with a new death occurring in Meade County. That was a male in the 80+ age range.
Also, on Sunday, 201 new positive coronavirus cases were announced bringing the state's total case count to 16,638. Active cases are now at 2461, up from Saturday's 2515. Current hospitalizations are at 110 statewide. Regionally,
- Clark County has had 27 positive cases, 20 of have recovered. There are seven active cases.
- Day County has had 47 positive cases, 41 have recovered. There are six active cases.
- Deuel County has had 64 positive cases, 54 have recovered. There are ten active cases.
- Grant County has had 63 positive cases, 41 have recovered. There are 22 active cases.
- Hamlin County has had 76 positive cases, 66 have recovered. There are ten active cases.
- Roberts County has had 123 positive cases, 97 have recovered. There are 26 active cases.