Plankington, SD -- Youth and young adults housed at the Aurora Plains Academy in Plankinton, S.D., have endured physical, mental and sexual abuse by employees amid an internal culture of secrecy and limited state government oversight. That's according to public documents and testimony from former residents and employees of the facility. South Dakota News Watch Reporter Bart Pfankuch reports our story today,
- Health impact from smoke rises with more intense wildfires
- Ethiopian leader sobs at service for murdered military chief
- Ex-Armenian President Kocharian behind bars again
- Saudi coalition says head of Yemen's Islamic State captured
- Judge orders holding newspaper shooting trial in 2 phases
- Fiancee of slain Saudi journalist urges UN action in killing
- The Latest: Pompeo says US hopes for Afghan peace by Sept 1
- Tabloid reporter, columnist Steve Dunleavy dies at 81
- Watertown Development Company Brings Massive Mixed Used Project to Downtown Watertown
- Two Big Watertown Events Planned For July
- Watertown Voters Say Yes To A City Manager Form Of Government
- Another One Bites the Dust Or Should We Say Bridge!
- Boys And Girls Club "Support A Child Win Something Wild" Winners Announced
- Women Killed In Motorcycle Accident North Of Watertown
- First Pride In The Park Event Scheduled For Watertown June 29th At McKinley Park
- Canadian Woman Killed In Crash Identified By SD Department Of Public Safety
- Kansas Man Arrested Following HIgh Speed Chase From Aberdeen To Groton
- Budget Squeeze On For South Dakota Cities With Loss Of Internet Sales Tax Next Year
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!