Sioux Empire Fair

Organizers of the Sioux Empire Fair in Sioux Falls say they are prepared to deal with the Corona Virus outbreak when the event kicks off this weekend. COVID-19 has caused other states including North Dakota and Minnesota to cancel their state fairs.  

The Sioux Empire Fair typically draws around 300,000 people each year.  The South Dakota State Fair is also going on as scheduled.  

South Dakota's biggest event, the Sturgis motorcycle rally which drew about 490,000 people last year is also still on.  

Sioux Empire Fair CEO, Scott Wick, told the Minnehaha County Commission on Tuesday that extra precautions to keep the attendees safe...... 

Wick says they have added about 80 hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed around the fairgrounds and one million doses of hand sanitizer are available for attendees. Minnehaha County Commissioner Cindy Heiberger thanked Wick for moving forward with this year’s fair...... 

Big & Rich, 38 Special and Terry Fador are all scheduled to perform this year. The Sioux Empire Fair begins on Saturday and runs through August 8th.