At the outset of last night's Watertown City Council Meeting Mayor Sarah Caron took an aside to read a letter from Ward C Alderwoman Beth Mantey who has been absent from several meetings of late. Caron says that Mantey felt an explanation was needed to explain her absences. Mantey began he letter reassuring the community that the majority of her time representing the ward is done so out of the council chambers and that she attends all committee meetings and returns e-mails whenever she is able to do so. While missing a few votes, Mantey said she’s not neglecting her ward. She says pressing family matters have come into her life.
- New figures show fewer Mormons in Utah's biggest county
- Trucker saves dogs thrown from vehicle on New York highway
- South Dakota researcher working on fire-risk estimation tool
- Report: Federal Air Marshal Service curtailing surveillance
- Lawyer argues scholar kidnapping case belongs in state court
- All evacuation orders lifted in deadly California wildfire
- New Nevada attorney general: Background check law a priority
- German police arrest male suspect in Nuremberg stabbings
- Multiple Arrests Made In Watertown On Drug And Alcohol Charges Saturday
- Watertown Man Escapes Serious Injury In Early Morning Car-Train Accident
- Shopko Pharmacy Closing Monday
- Wave of nursing home closures hitting small South Dakota communities
- You Might Call It The Lake Kampeska Wish List
- California Pacific Airlines Returning To Normal Flight Schedules At Watertown
- FOP Cops And Kids Event Benefits 100 Children
- Spartan Corporation To Be Aquired By Cerberus
- Shopko Closing 39 Stores Including Four In South Dakota
- It's Tom Beaudry Day In Waterown!
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!