Watertown Fire Rescue responded to a house fire shortly before 3pm yesterday (Tuesday) at 507 9th Street NE. While firefighters were en-route to the scene, one occupant was able to escape by jumping from a 2nd story window. Crews say they encountered heavy smoke inside the residence before discovering the fire was coming from the basement of the home. The fire was extinguished, and fire damage was limited to one room in the basement.
The occupant of the home was transported to Prairie Lakes Healthcare for further evaluation. Firefighters were on scene for approximately one hour. They were assisted by the Watertown Police Department and Codington County Emergency Management.
- Queen Latifah joins the cast of Hustle
- Eva Longoria joins Ice Cube in sci-fi film
- Millennial Money: A new set of shopping tips in the pandemic
- Japan's PM Suga arrives in Indonesia to affirm deeper ties
- Polish court ruling to determine fate of human rights office
- Tropical Storm Epsilon may become a hurricane near Bermuda
- Founder of UAE state-run WAM news agency dies at 78
- Tyler Posey gets sober
- Watertown Man Arrested after 24 Year-Old Man Dies from Fentanyl Overdose
- County Votes to Repair Motel Room Caused by Homeless Tenants
- Highway 20 Crash results in Minor Injuries to One
- Friends of the Goss Announce Changes to Staff, Board
- Watertown Fire Rescue Responds to Home Fire, Occupant Escapes through 2nd Story Window
- Sioux Falls Police Searching for Missing Endangered Children
- Codington County adds one new COVID-19 related death as the state records it's highest one-day case count
- Watertown School Board Receives ACT Results, Board Member Not Pleased with Districts Progress
- 911 Audio and Toxicology Report Released in Attorney General Crash Investigation
- South Dakota Department of Health Releases COVID Numbers for the Weekend, Spink and Day Counties report their first deaths.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!