Watertown, SD -- Saturday July 16, at 11:21AM, Officers were dispatched to the intersection of 9th Avenue and 5th Street SE (Hwy 212/81) in Watertown for an injury crash. Police say that a 2004 Chevrolet Impala being operated by a 14-year-old female from Watertown was exiting a parking lot on the south side of Hwy 212 and attempting to turn west. This Impala turned out in front of an eastbound 2007 Chevrolet Silverado being operated by 52-year-old Doreen Haselius of Watertown. The juvenile female became trapped in her vehicle but was freed with the assistance of Watertown Fire Rescue. She was transported to Prairie Lakes Hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries. Both drivers were cited for driving without a valid license. The juvenile female was also found to be in violation of entering the roadway without yielding to on-coming traffic. Doreen was arrested on scene as she had an outstanding warrant for her arrest. Traffic was diverted around the intersection for a short period of time while the crash was being investigated. The Watertown Police Department was assisted by the Codington County Sheriff’s Office and the South Dakota Department of Game Fish and Parks.
- Man arrested in fatal shooting of South Florida officer
- Jury selection begins in trial over Ahmaud Arbery's death
- Powell's age and cancer bout left him vulnerable to COVID
- 'Never lose hope,' expelled French envoy tells Belarusians
- Top German tabloid editor ousted over misconduct claims
- Hindus denounce violence amid attacks in Bangladesh
- Gonzaga is No. 1 in preseason AP Top 25; UCLA, Kansas next
- ‘Hoarders’ Pro Organizer Dorothy Breininger on Digging Deeper for Season 13
- New Downtown Development Starts with Demolition
- Body Found of 75 Year Old Man at Dry Lake #2
- Fire At Manufacturing Plant
- Local Hayti Mom Featured in Woman's World Magazine
- Two Car Accident - 1st Ave NE & Hwy 81
- Shed Fire in Watertown
- Superintendent Danielsen Halts Public Comment On Director of Nutrition.
- School Board Meeting - High School Advisory Update
- New City Manager Amanda Mack & Kristen Bobzien Receive Kudos
- Chris Stapleton Postpones Sioux Falls Show
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!