RICHMOND, Ind. (AP) — The funeral procession Monday for an eastern Indiana police officer who died after being shot in the head during a traffic stop will follow U.S. 40 to Indianapolis. The Richmond Police Department says the funeral for 28-year-old Officer Seara Burton will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Richmond High School. Following the funeral, the procession will carry her body to Crown Hill Cemetery in Indianapolis. The procession will go from the high school on local streets to pause in front of the Richmond Police Department for Burton’s final call, then continue under a Garrison Flag in Richmond before reaching U.S. 40 for the trip west to Indianapolis.
Copyright 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
- Cardinal Zen, 5 others stand trial in Hong Kong over fund
- Japanese leader's trip to China in '72 was diplomatic gamble
- US carrier, S. Korea ships launch drills amid North's threat
- AP News Summary at 11:29 p.m. EDT
- New Zealand marks queen's death with holiday, church service
- Asian shares mostly decline echoing US slide on rate worries
- Italy voters shift sharply, reward Meloni's far-right party
- Polzin: Packers made a statement with road win, even if it wasn't easy on the eyes
- Watertown Mall Owners Legal Dispute with City Over Road Closed by Payloader
- Mayor Holien Discusses What's Going on with the Former Old Home Bakery Building
- Two-Vehicle Crash at Uncontrolled Intersection Watertown
- Watertown Growing? New Development in the Works Near Lake Kampeska
- Watertown High School Announces Royalty Candidates
- Casey's on North Highway 81 to Start Selling Off-Sale Beer? - Rezoning Approved
- Watertown Police Catch Vandalism Suspects - Sent to Diversion Program
- Castlewood Crowns Homecoming Court
- 15-Year-Old Dies in ATV vs. Semi Crash Near Stickney
- Lions Club Charity Kicks off Bingo Nights with Extra Cash Prizes, Tonight
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!