Thunderstorms have returned to parts of Kentucky already reeling from devastating floods. The National Weather Service has issued a flood watch through Sunday evening for areas that were hit hard a week ago. As residents continued cleaning up from the floods that killed at least 37 people, rain started falling on already saturated ground in eastern Kentucky late Friday morning. The National Weather Service says some areas could receive up to 3 inches of rain by Friday night. The weather service also posted flood watches for much of West Virginia and portions of southern Ohio and southwestern Virginia.
Copyright 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
- Officials: Loud 'boom' heard in north Utah likely a meteor
- AP News Summary at 10:14 p.m. EDT
- 8 Israelis wounded in Jerusalem shooting
- Alec Baldwin did pull the trigger, says FBI report
- Suspect in Sir Salman Rushdie case pleads not guilty
- Music and acting are similar, says Chrissy Metz
- GOP heavyweights stress urgency at annual Basque Fry
- Agent: Rushdie off ventilator and talking, day after attack
- July's Watertown Yard of the Month Winners
- SD Dept. of Corrections Warns of High Risk of Reoffending Inmate Being Released
- "End of Summer Summerfest" Passes the "Baton" and Announces 2022's Entertainment
- Watertown Man Sentenced for Multiple Charges Including Felony Meth Charge
- 25-Year-Old Watertown Woman Charged with Felony Abuse/Cruelty of Minor Under 7
- Anjelica Uthe New Interim Executive Director at "Visit Watertown" as Katherine Danforth Departs
- Sioux Falls Woman Sentenced by Codington Courts for Multiple Drug Charges
- Huron Police Department Seeking Public's Help Identifying Vehicle in Video
- South Dakota Highway Patrol Report Semi vs. House Crash
- Webster Woman Sentenced for Theft, Embezzlement, and Misapplication by Bank Employee
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!