SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico legislators are racing against a deadline to advance proposals to safeguard abortion access, deliver tax relief and reduce gun violence. In the final hours of the 60-day legislative session, Republicans in the legislative minority on Friday raised objections during debate on a bill in the House that aims to protect abortion providers and patients from out-of-state interference, prosecution or extradition attempts. The House passed the bill 38-30, with Republicans and some Democrats in opposition. The vote sends the bill to Democratic Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham, who supports it. Lujan Grisham says it's important to broaden abortion rights in light of litigation challenging the nationwide availability of abortion medication.
New Mexico passes bill to safeguard abortion providers
- MORGAN LEE - Associated Press
- AP News Summary at 5:28 p.m. EDT
- AP Trending SummaryBrief at 5:29 p.m. EDT
- Macron's leadership at risk amid tensions over pension plan
- Fear, grief follow deadly quake on Ecuador's southwest coast
- Vandals attack French politician's office over pensions row
- Boston celebrates at a chilly St. Patrick’s Day parade
- UBS to buy Credit Suisse for nearly $3.25B to calm turmoil
- ‘The Night Agent’ Boss on Star Gabriel Basso’s ‘Badass’ Turn in Gripping FBI Action Series
- Amanda Walder Enters Guilty Plea of Manslaughter First Degree, Stays out on Bond
- Watertown School Board Approves Extra Daily Time Schedule
- LuAnn Strait Announces Retirement after 35 Years at LATC
- Icy Roads Cause Several Issues, Two Vehicle Crash West of Watertown on Highway 212
- Juvenile Male Arrested, Connected to Clark Burglaries
- LATC Archway Change Order Including Design Flaw Approved
- A Jack-Knifed Semi, Several Vehicle Crashes Keep First Responders Assiduous
- Hamlin County: Dangerous Ice Roads Cause Two Rollover Crashes
- Total Loss Home Fire in Clark, Account Set-up to Help Family
- Downtown Watertown Lighting Ceremony, Friday Night
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.