TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — New Jersey's attorney general has released hours of police body-camera footage in the fatal officer shooting of a Paterson man. The footage shows Najee Seabrooks' mother pleading with him to leave the room where he was holed up. The state attorney general says Seabrooks died March 3 after he lunged at police officers with a knife. His death is being investigated by the attorney general under a state law requiring it. His colleagues at a crisis intervention organization say authorities prevented them from using their mental-health expertise to deescalate the situation. They argue that the police department needs to be overhauled.
Videos show tense standoff before fatal NJ police shooting
- By MIKE CATALINI - Associated Press
- AP News Summary at 5:28 p.m. EDT
- AP Trending SummaryBrief at 5:29 p.m. EDT
- Macron's leadership at risk amid tensions over pension plan
- Fear, grief follow deadly quake on Ecuador's southwest coast
- Vandals attack French politician's office over pensions row
- Boston celebrates at a chilly St. Patrick’s Day parade
- UBS to buy Credit Suisse for nearly $3.25B to calm turmoil
- ‘The Night Agent’ Boss on Star Gabriel Basso’s ‘Badass’ Turn in Gripping FBI Action Series
- Amanda Walder Enters Guilty Plea of Manslaughter First Degree, Stays out on Bond
- Watertown School Board Approves Extra Daily Time Schedule
- LuAnn Strait Announces Retirement after 35 Years at LATC
- Icy Roads Cause Several Issues, Two Vehicle Crash West of Watertown on Highway 212
- Juvenile Male Arrested, Connected to Clark Burglaries
- LATC Archway Change Order Including Design Flaw Approved
- A Jack-Knifed Semi, Several Vehicle Crashes Keep First Responders Assiduous
- Hamlin County: Dangerous Ice Roads Cause Two Rollover Crashes
- Total Loss Home Fire in Clark, Account Set-up to Help Family
- Downtown Watertown Lighting Ceremony, Friday Night
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.