The Watertown Area Community Foundation Women & Giving group has awarded $10,000 in scholarships. The scholarships were awarded to nontraditional female students as Women & Giving continues its mission to help area women and children overcome barriers, increase their opportunities and achieve their goals.
The Women & Giving Advisory Committee awarded scholarships as follows:
- $1,000 to Kayla Bevan who is pursuing a Practical Nursing degree at Lake Area Technical Institute.
- $2,000 to Courtney Glines pursuing a bachelor’s degree at Mount Marty College Watertown Campus for Elementary and Special Education.
- $2,000 to Amber Hughes who is in the Registered Nurse program at LATI.
- $1,000 to Holly Miller, who is in the Marketing and Business Management program at LATI.
- $2,000 to Sarah Petersen studying Practical Nursing at LATI.
- $1,000 to Melissa Sackreiter, who is in the Med/Fire Rescue program, pursuing a Paramedic diploma at LATI.
- $1,000 to Liza Visser studying Financial Services at LATI.
Jan Deberg, the Watertown Area Community Foundation Executive Director said, "There were many deserving applicants, the advisory had a tough job."
Special thanks to the committee members: Sandy Albertsen, Jan Brooks,
Prudy Calvin, chair; Chris Carter, Karla Christensen, Susan Geyerman, Nancy Linneman, Julie Ranum and Kathy Witte-Holmes.