Watertown Fire Rescue

There were no reported injuries after a grill caught fire at the Interstate McDonalds Saturday Afternoon.  

Watertown Fire Rescue responded to a Fire at the Interstate McDonalds Saturday afternoon.  According to Fire Personnel, upon arriving on-scene all of the occupants and staff had self-evacuated after one of the main grills had caught fire.  McDonalds staff used an extinguisher on the grill, however the fire had not gone out.  Fire Fighters made entry, found the grill burning and were able to extinguish the fire using additional fire extinguishers causing no damage to the surrounding area or equipment.  Fire Fighters removed the grill from the building to eliminate any possible danger of rekindle and cleared the scene a short time later.