BUENOS AIRES (AP) — An Argentinian judge has ruled that eight medical personnel involved in the care of soccer star Diego Maradona will face a public trial for criminal negligence. Brain surgeon Leopoldo Luque and psychiatrist Agustina Cosachov are among those expected to stand trial for homicide. The trial is not expected to begin until the end of 2023 or early 2024. The defendants are accused of failing to take proper care of Maradona when he was recovering from surgery, which led to his death. Maradona died at the age of 60 on Nov. 25, 2020 due to cardio-respiratory arrest as he recovered at a house outside Buenos Aires.
Copyright 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
- Anderson Cooper: Shirtless Richard Gere made me realise I was gay
- Blac Chyna loves her children 'unconditionally'
- Rita Moreno: I could have died after Marlon Brando paid for my illegal abortion
- Katie Price returns to OnlyFans after avoiding prison
- WHO panel: Monkeypox not a global emergency 'at this stage'
- Mali junta paves way for elections with new law
- Sir Elton John brings Farewell Young Brick Road tour to London
- Congo bishops say pope's Canada trip a good sign for future
- Watertown Woman Sentenced on Charges Involving Meth and Abuse/Cruelty to a Minor
- PSA - Air Conditioning Assistance Available in South Dakota
- Residential Fire Near Florence
- PSA - WIC Program Announces New Income Guidelines
- Stuart Stein and Jean Moulton to Serve on Watertown Schoolboard Another Term
- KXLG Goes "On the Road" to Lake Norden and Aesoph Sees an old Friend
- 10 Year Old Hurt in Fall at Custer State Park
- South Dakota Senate Votes to Impeach States Attorney Ravnsborg
- Tree Falls on Home and Vehicle in Lake Norden
- Damaging Winds Result in Destroyed Trees and Property
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!