VATICAN CITY (AP) — The Vatican No. 2 says a fever that a fatigued Pope Francis developed was owed to the fact that the pope greeted a huge crowd of people. Cardinal Pietro Parolin spoke after the Vatican confirmed Francis was running a fever and had skipped his meetings Friday. Parolin was quoted by the LaPresse news agency as saying the pope told him he had wanted to greet everyone at the Scholas Occurentes event Thursday. The last time Francis spiked a serious fever, in March, the 86-year-old pontiff was rushed to the hospital where he was diagnosed with acute bronchitis. He received intravenous antibiotics and was released three days later.
Pope Francis skips meeting because he is running a fever, the Vatican says
- By NICOLE WINFIELD - Associated Press
- AP News Summary at 10:51 a.m. EDT
- Juror and spouse: Texas state Sen. Angela Paxton could vote in trial on husband's impeachment
- Coast Guard searching for man who fell from cruise ship off Florida coast
- AP Trending SummaryBrief at 10:51 a.m. EDT
- Number of new German citizens hits 20-year high as many Syrians naturalized
- Stock market today: Wall Street is mixed as DC moves to avoid default
- My success feels surreal, says Padma Lakshmi
- Ryan Gosling ‘so obsessed with Disneyland he hangs out at the theme park alone’
- Two juvenile drivers collide and crash into resident in Watertown
- Update on Hupp family involved in devastating fire
- Several DUI arrests in Hamlin include driving without lights on and driving on wrong side of road
- City of Watertown come to exchange agreement with Stockman's Café landowner
- Updated - Fundraising account setup for Fort Pierre family with tragic fire
- Man pinned in cab of skid steer in Watertown
- Names released in fatal motorcycle crash near White, SD
- Andi Ward named new Principal of Roosevelt School
- Fatal single-vehicle crash involving 14-year-old, Stanley County
- Watertown City Hall will STAY Downtown, Where? Ideas being discussed
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.