PARIS (AP) — Protesters have vandalized the Nice office of the president of the Republican party in an apparent threat to get his right-wing party to vote to block President Emmanuel Macron’s pension reform. Eric Ciotti tweeted a photo of his office in the French Riviera city with shattered windows, after a paving stone was thrown at it overnight into Sunday. The words “the motion or the stone” were scrawled at the scene, in reference to the motions of censure against the pension reform that will be voted on Monday in the National Assembly in Paris. Ciotti has said his party will not vote for the motions, meaning they are unlikely to succeed.
Vandals attack French politician's office over pensions row
- Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler 'actively seeking' their next movie together
- Viola Davis was 'deeply moved' to be asked to play Michael Jordan's mum in Air
- AP News Summary at 7:00 a.m. EDT
- Liz Weston: Should you rent in retirement?
- Energy Industry Experts Weigh in On Latest Rystad Energy shale well study indicating potential answer for accelerated productivity declines
- Avenu Partners with League of Oregon Cities to Provide Expertise and Support to Local Governments
- South Africans demonstrate and call for president to resign
- AP Trending SummaryBrief at 6:53 a.m. EDT
- Amanda Walder Enters Guilty Plea of Manslaughter First Degree, Stays out on Bond
- Icy Roads Cause Several Issues, Two Vehicle Crash West of Watertown on Highway 212
- A Jack-Knifed Semi, Several Vehicle Crashes Keep First Responders Assiduous
- Juvenile Male Arrested, Connected to Clark Burglaries
- LATC Archway Change Order Including Design Flaw Approved
- Total Loss Home Fire in Clark, Account Set-up to Help Family
- Watertown School Board Approves Extra Daily Time Schedule
- LuAnn Strait Announces Retirement after 35 Years at LATC
- Watertown assistant superintendent honored by SDHSAA
- "Community Builder Awards" Part of Watertown's Inaugural Day of Development
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.