Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No!… It’s the Watertown iconic Weather Ball overlooking the KXLG radio station at 835 Jenson Ave, south east of the intersection of Highway 212 and Highway 81.
Since being lit for the first time on May 22, 2014 as part of KXLG Radio’s spectacular ribbon cutting at their new location, the weather ball has been a way for KXLG listeners and Watertown residents to stay up-to-date on how the forecast will be that day. To view what the color definitions are, just click on the image to the right.
The weather ball is sponsored by KXLG and Reliabank and can also be programmed to flash patriotic colors to celebrate holidays or to a pink color for National Breast Cancer Awareness month.
- New figures show fewer Mormons in Utah's biggest county
- Trucker saves dogs thrown from vehicle on New York highway
- South Dakota researcher working on fire-risk estimation tool
- Report: Federal Air Marshal Service curtailing surveillance
- Lawyer argues scholar kidnapping case belongs in state court
- All evacuation orders lifted in deadly California wildfire
- New Nevada attorney general: Background check law a priority
- German police arrest male suspect in Nuremberg stabbings
- Multiple Arrests Made In Watertown On Drug And Alcohol Charges Saturday
- Watertown Man Escapes Serious Injury In Early Morning Car-Train Accident
- Shopko Pharmacy Closing Monday
- Wave of nursing home closures hitting small South Dakota communities
- You Might Call It The Lake Kampeska Wish List
- California Pacific Airlines Returning To Normal Flight Schedules At Watertown
- FOP Cops And Kids Event Benefits 100 Children
- Spartan Corporation To Be Aquired By Cerberus
- Shopko Closing 39 Stores Including Four In South Dakota
- It's Tom Beaudry Day In Waterown!
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!